Employee Spotlight: Sepehr Sadighpour
1. What is your position at Clarify and what do you do?
As a data engineer, I help ensure our clients have the most appropriate machine learning models for making sound decisions from their data.
2. What excites you most about Clarify?
It’s a genuinely fun team that is dedicated to bringing better tools and insights to the healthcare world. Oh, and mountains of meticulously cleaned, high quality data.
3. How did you hear about Clarify / How did you get here?
I learned about Clarify through my fellow data engineer and manager here at Clarify, Jeff Larson. At that time, I was a data scientist at Omada Health, and working at the population health level was a natural next step.
4. What aspect of your role do you enjoy most?
Everyone is a part-time researcher here – from healthcare to machine learning, we’re all reading and sharing knowledge. It’s the best part of being in school but in the real world.
5. What project have you worked on here that you’re most proud of?
Incorporating Social Determinants of Health factors into our predictive models was a particularly awesome project that resulted in real insights for our clients, and involved a tremendous amount of collaboration and careful application of statistical tools for unearthing valid insights.
6. If you weren’t working at Clarify or in healthcare / technology in general, what would you be doing?
Possibly studying neuroscience in grad school.
7. What is something people would be surprised to know about you?
I’ve lived with Trappist monks, but instead of brewing beer, I picked eggs and grew culinary mushrooms.
8. What’s your favorite app?
9. Where is the coolest place you’ve traveled?
10. Salty or sweet?
11. Favorite book, movie, and musician/band?
Book – Awareness by Anthony de Mello
Movie – Toy Story 3
Band – Seu Jorge