Employee Spotlight: Joey Li
1. What is your position at Clarify and what do you do?
I am the Director of Development and the head of our Beijing office.
2. What excites you most about Clarify?
Speed. We have built 3 web and 2 mobile applications and dozens of clients rely on these products… and we did all this in under 3 years.
3. How did you hear about Clarify / How did you get here?
Before joining Clarify, I was the dev lead at Advent software. When I choose to leave Advent 3 years ago, my manager hinted that there would be a good opportunity for me on the horizon. To be honest, I did not treat it seriously at that time. But half a year later, I got the opportunity to build the Beijing office from scratch. So exciting!
4. What aspect of your role do you enjoy most?
I love having the ability to do both coding and management in my day-to-day. When I’m tired of the routine management tasks, I can switch over to do some coding things for fun. It keeps things interesting.
5. What project have you worked on here that you’re most proud of?
Hard to say, I have worked on both Care Prism and Care Pilot. If had to choose one, it might be Care Prism since I’ve spent the most time on it.
6. If you weren’t working at Clarify or in healthcare / technology in general, what would you be doing?
I can’t imagine life without coding or other development work (such as fighting with QAs and BAs). If I wasn’t working in technology, I might be teaching high school and watching Silicon Valley every night.
7. What is something people would be surprised to know about you?
I am a huge fan of soccer.
8. What’s your favorite app?
9. Where is the coolest place you’ve traveled?
Desert in my hometown.
10. Salty or sweet?
11. Favorite book, movie, and musician/band?
Book: The Count of Monte Cristo
Band: Backstreet Boys